25 Eylül 2012 Salı

Beyond

To contact us Click HERE
I have been working on concept painting lately and one concept that really intrigues me is how to show depth and light in the background. I call this painting, "Beyond," because it really expresses that concept. There is a spiritual dimension to this as well. There is a life full of light, more beautiful... beyond this one. We finally had a chance to get into Nags Head Woods and this was the view from the Roanoke Island Trail. I was quite dismayed at all the devastation along this trail as it was a favorite spot to look out on the water. But this view of the marsh, looking north toward Run Hill and the woods that runs along the marsh was still pristine. Now they have burnt all the marsh grass in an effort to restore it to how it was before the storm. This is my Mollie Fearing Art Show entry for 2012. I have a distressed gold crackle museum style frame for it, very beautiful, NFS, 18 x 24, oil on canvas.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder