7 Ekim 2012 Pazar

The Old Docks

To contact us Click HERE
I have this idea that mediums should be used to their best advantage. Watercolors have their own quirky nature and portray water best, since they are actually, well, water. Beyond that, they do lost edges and hard edges, vague dreamy washes and shining sparkling light in really wonderful ways. I am always disappointed if I don't use a medium to its best advantage. I was pleased with how this one turned out because it shows off some of the spectacular advantages of watercolors with only a few minor problems arising. That is because I forced myself to slow down and do it right, which took all week while I waited for each wash to dry, lest I get in there and create mud because it wasn't quite dry, which is what I usually do (not happy face). From an old black and white photograph from the 1950's, somewhere near Wanchese, NC. This boat reminded me of a boat Everett Tate had, it was long and low like this and he used it to haul net. He had another boat and he would tow this skiff behind him -- it was mostly just a boat to carry the net. This is watercolor on arches paper, approx. 15 x 9, matted and in golden tiger oak frame to 20 x 14. SOLD At Seaworthy Gallery in Hatteras Village 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder