17 Kasım 2012 Cumartesi

Not Good, Board of Elections...Not Good

To contact us Click HERE
I was taken aback today while voting (it took me 70 minutes in line) when, after the poll worker explained the voting machine procedures to me, including how to vote straight ticket (I didn't ask about that), I asked "How does voting straight ticket affect the ability to vote for a write-in candidate?" The poll worker responded by saying "I don't know". I was shocked. She should have been able to answer that question. Of course, the answer is..."You can still vote for a write-in candidate". Not good, board of elections, not good... Ray Midgett Furthermore, this writer believes that, having a qualified "write-in candidate" properly registered with the Dare Board of Elections should have  merited training which instructed each poll worker to make this fact known to voters and a part of the instructions given to voters. Providing  a blank space on the ballot is of no use to a voter, if the voter is not instructed on how to use it. JMO.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder