11 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Outer Banks Epicurean

To contact us Click HERE

Been awhile since I've posted as I have been devoting most of my time to The Voice. In fact, I wrote an article on Outer Banks Epicurean when it opened, which you can find here. I also joined their Wine Club, which for couples includes two Gourmet Dinners to Go, over and above the wholesale priced cases, wine by the bottle discounts and tastings. I picked up my first meal to go last night. The fee, around $200--- easily covers the 24 meals, which retail around $9 to $12 per entree.

Last night for our first selection we chose the beef ragout, over organic basamati rice and local veggies mixed in. I am not sure how the meal was spiced, it had a definite Asian touch, the beef was generously proportioned and the dish was fantastic. Our second choice was local shrimp over linguine with fresh finely chopped local tomatoes, basil and garlic. Again, OBE didn't skimp on the main event--those local crustaceans..at least one was included in every bite. And again, an excellent, tasty treat.

Not included in the Gourmet2Go are the optional side dishes, but who could turn down tarragon-mustard deviled eggs topped with garlic (local) shrimp. Not me. Or my wife. Ate 'em all. I was hesitant that shrimp over a deviled egg would taste good, but it was a surprisingly good match.

The serving size was such that we did not finish our meals, leaving enough for one of us to combine the two into a leftover dinner tonight (Rose called dibs, and I took the spaghetti we made two days ago).

There are always three entrees, one of which is a vegan choice. Tonight for example, they are reprising the ragout, but added blackened local catch with shrimp butter over Pleasant Valley Heirloom grits and Robert's Ridge Off the Cob Sweet Corn. Locals know where the Robert's farms are in Currituck.

Learn more about OBE, including the Wine Club, dinners to go, meals made at your cottage and cooking and etiquette classes at their website http://www.outerbanksepicurean.com/Outer_Banks_Epicurean/Welcome.html

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder